Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani: Review?


This is my 3rd foray into the world of blogging. My first two blogs were as good as non-existent. So I was searching once again for a topic to write on. Luckily I happened to watch this movie,YJHD,and being the natural critic that I am,I jumped on it.

I didn’t want to watch this movie,primarily because I think mainstream commercial Bollywood is too over the top and secondarily that I like only movies with a credible story.

After the usual ritual of coming late to the show,and disturbing the audience in the way with the murmurs of ‘scuse me,we settled down for the treat.

The Movie was not quite what I had expected. I had expected a full on full love story with crying damsels here and tanhah aashiqs there. But there was none here,at least for the first half. Ranbir Kapoor was the same happy-go-lucky character as Anushka Sharma plays in most of her films. Deepika is a nerdy girl,stark contrast to RK (Need I say anything more?). The first half is the fun half with quite some good dose of humour. It is not devoid of clichés,however. I could never forgive the director for including the miss-crying-princess like character. This half is where the fun ends.

The latter half is about 8 years later. The feel-good love story now starts. The same romantic moments which about every film has,fall into the place.Then the usual roona-dhoona. However I couldn’t help but notice that RK uses the same bag for nine straight years(!?),even after touring nearly all around the world!

That being said, it is a paisa-vasool feel-good film,which falters in the second half. Only Deepika’s beauty and RK’s acting makes you watch it.Even if you miss the film,it’s nothing of consequence.

P.S - It seems that all the characters have nothing to do except drink day and night.

Comments

Popular Posts